Trader Joe's is both a place of frustration and great joy. The parking lot makes you want to pull your hair out, and you constantly have an urge to ram your cart into the hipster blocking the aisle while she reads the label on the gluten free bread. However, it also yields some of the best grocery buys. From fun snacks like Cowboy Bark or a bottle of wine for under $3, it can make you downright giddy.
What you may not know is that TJ's has GREAT beauty buys. They're inexpensive and as effective as the fancy stuff. Check out my top picks for their best beauty products.
9. Honey Mango Moisturizing Cream Shave, $3: This luscious shaving cream is thick and moisturizing and allows your razor to glide across your hairs for an effortless shave. It's also a huge bonus that it smells delicious!
8. Tea Tree Tingle Shampoo & Conditioner, $4: This shampoo and conditioner duo keeps your scalp happy with the addition of tea tree oil. Tea tree oil naturally combats dandruff and flaky scalps and keeps your PH balance happy. I like it for the minty tingle it leaves behind and the fact that it's sulfate free, how awesome is that? Sulfate free shampoo for $4!
7. Coconut Body Butter, $5: I love moisturizing! After moving from Texas to L.A. my skin went into real shock not having humidity in the air. I've made it a part of my routine to moisturize from head to toe after EVERY shower, I'm hoping it will keep me young forever. This body butter is a real treat. It's thick and creamy and it smells fantastic. The price can't be beat either.
6. Jojoba Oil, $7: This jojoba oil does wonders. You can use it as a moisturizer, a frizz tamer, and my favorite use, eye makeup remover. Put a dab on a cotton ball and it'll whisk away all traces of any eye makeup.
5. Spa Face Wash with Tea Tree Oil, $5: This face wash is a miracle worker. It gets my skin squeaky clean but it's completely gentle, and I have REALLY sensitive skin. The earthy smell takes a little getting used to but after awhile, I grew to like it!
4. A Midsummer Night's Cream, $4: This is my everyday body lotion. It's totally unscented so it doesn't have to compete with my favorite perfume and it keeps my super dry skin moisturized. It's also a great steal.
3. Savon de France Oatmeal Exfoliant Ginger Almond Soap, $3: This bar of soap is HUGE. You really get your bang for your buck. It exfoliates all your icky bits with the pieces of almond and oatmeal in it, and the creamy lather leaves you clean and moisturized.
2. Organic Virgin Coconut Oil, $6: Everyone do yourself a favor and buy yourself a jar of coconut oil. Of course you can cook with it but there are a ton of beauty hacks you can swipe out that jar. Use it all over as a body lotion, on your cuticles for the best cuticle oil, apply it to your hair for a couple of hours for a hair mask, and use it to make your own body scrub like here.
1. Enrich Moisturizing Face Lotion SPF 15, $4: I've spent A LOT of money on face products over the years. I blame my mother for instilling the need to find the best thing out there when it comes to your skin. The combination of the Spa Face Wash with Tea Tree Oil and this lotion keeps my skin clean and clear and I'm sticking to it! This everyday facial moisturizer is light but effective and it even has SPF in it. The price makes it a no brainer.