I first saw a tutorial on this in my Design Sponge book and I decided to make it even easier. I simply cut the letters out of felt and used fabric glue to adhere them to the pillows. I made my pillow cases but you can just as easily buy cheapie ones from Ikea or Target.
- An already made pillowcase or one that you made yourself
- 2 pieces of contrasting felt (just by the sheets found at the craft store for like 34 cents!
- Fabric glue
- Find a font that you would like to use. Enlarge it so that it will fit your pillow. Make a second one, slightly larger.
- I freehanded mine so I made a pattern out of a paper shopping bag (recycling ya'll!).
- Pin the paper to the felt and carefully cut it out.
- Cut a slightly larger letter for your contrasting "shadow."
- Glue the larger contrasting fabric down first. Sandwich a piece of cardboard in between so the glue doesn't seep. I glued mine before I sewed my pillowcases together.
- Then glue the smaller one on top, skewing it slightly in any direction you choose to create your shadow.
Voila, you have a new, totally custom pillow!