It's 98 degrees out and it's almost 7pm. WHAT IS GOING ON?!
I used to be okay with heat. Growing up in Houston, it was just the way of life. L.A. has completely ruined me. Mild summers of low 80s has turn me into a sniveling weakling. All week long people have been commenting on the heat. It's the first thing you say as you get in the elevator, it's the last thing you talk about leaving the office. Angelenos just can't handle the high temps. If you have A/C, it's usually not strong enough to withstand record highs. In Houston even our outdoor stadium has A/C. It's not a luxury, it's a necessity.
So the heat has me dreaming of cold icy cocktails. I want them sweet and fruity so I can keep downing them all summer long. Also, Memorial Day is next weekend so get your cocktail shakers ready!
1. WATERMELON CUCUMBER COOLER via Martha Stewart
2. CHERRY CAIPIRISSIMA via NY Times
3. GUAVA MARGARITA via Confessions of a Foodie Bride
4. BLACKBERRY BRAMBLE via Redbook
5. APRICOT SAGE BOURBON COCKTAIL via A Spicy Perspective
6. STRAWBERRY GINGER FIZZ via Blackberryfarm.com
7. STRAWBERRY REISLING SLUSHIE via With Style & Grace
8. PEAR NECTAR & THYME MIMOSA via The Glitter Guide
9. GINGER PEACH COCKTAIL via The Boys Club
10. RASPBERRY PEACH PROSECCO via Table for Two