As I get older, may taste buds are changing and I'm craving spicier and spicier foods. Lately I've been on a tequila kick and any cocktail with jalapeño in it has got me sold. I just threw a party and decided to make a large batch of my new favorite cocktail. I call it El Diablo.
It's a wonderful combination of sweet pineapple, tart refreshing lime, a spicy kick from the fresh jalapeño and of course tequila. For a party comprised of mostly Texans, this cocktail was gone in a flash! This recipe is for one, but you can easily divide your ingredients by parts if mixing a pitcher.
- 4 oz of pineapple Juice
- lime juice from 1/2 a lime, plus slice for garnish
- jalapeños, sliced with seeds still in
- 2 oz of tequila (I prefer for repasado for shooting, ahem sipping but any good tequila will do)
- 1 oz of triple sec
- kosher salt
- Rim your glass with salt by running a wedge of lime on the lip. then dip onto a plate of kosher salt.
- Over ice, pour your ingredients one by one in your glass. Drop a slice of fresh jalapeño with the seeds in. Slightly muddle it with a spoon to release the flavor. You can either fish it out or leave it in for an spicier kick.
- Garnish with a slice of lime and enjoy!