LOOK MA, I GLUED STAPLES TO MY FINGERS!

So recently I went on a reupholstering kick.  I reupholstered an office chair, a victorian bench and an arm chair.  Of course I was overtaken by excitement and forgot to take before & after photos (it happens ALL the time) but I did manage to snap one.  

I inherited this chair from a previous owner in Texas and it made it's trek all the way to L.A. with us.  I happened to have a huge piece of embroidered silk from Designers Guild and I was itching to use it!  I ended up cutting a pattern from a paper bag, sewing and stapling the main fabric and then hiding all the sins by gluing contrasting cording to the perimeter.    My hands were wrecked after this project but I'm pretty darn proud of the results!

Before & After Chair.jpg